Accessible Customer Service Plan
Providing Services to People with Disabilities
YORK CONDOMINIUM CORPORATION No.76 is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
Assistive devices:We will ensure that our staff is trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our services.
Communication:We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
Service animals:We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of the common elements that are open to the residents and guests.
Support persons:A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises at all times.
Fees will not be charged for support persons or for admission topremises. We will notify support workers and the people with disabilities when they attend our office.
Notice of temporary disruption:In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities, we will make every attempt to notify our residents promptly. A clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative options, if available.
The notice will be placed in the notice boards located in the various locations throughout our premises.
Training for staff: YORK CONDOMINIUM CORPORATION No.76will provide training to those employees who may deal directly with our residents or other third parties on their behalf. Individuals in the following positions will be trained:
Management Office staff:This training will be provided to staff as part of their normal office procedures.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- A copy of the training materials always readily available in the Management Office for easy reference
- YORK CONDOMINIUM CORPORATION No.76’s accessible customer service plan
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- How to use various equipment that may help with providing services to people with disabilities
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessingYORK CONDOMINIUM CORPORATION No.76’s services
Staff will also be trained as changes are made to the Accessibility Standards or the accessible customer service plan.
Feedback process:Residents who wish to provide feedback on the wayYORK CONDOMINIUM CORPORATION No.76provides services to people with disabilities can do so by e-mail, verbally, written letters or by phone. All feedback will be directed to the Property Managers. Residents can expect to hear back within ten (10) calendar days. Complaints will be addressed according to our organization’s regular complaint management procedures.
Modifications to this or other policies:Any policy of YORK CONDOMINIUM CORPORATION No.76that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.
Yours very truly,
YORK CONDOMINIUM CORPORATION No.76
Board of Directors